- Getting involved in clubs and activities is a great way to identify interests and feel more engaged in school. Increasing commitment to extracurricular activities will help you stand out when you begin the college application process, so start now!
- Take advantage of AP courses offered to you. Please see Advanced Placement tab for more details.
- Volunteer for a worthy cause. Colleges are attracted to students who give back to the community.
- It is never too soon to think about college planning and career interests. Start doing some research! Look at different college websites that interest you.
- Do some research on different careers. Refer to the 'college prep tab' for career and college websites.
- Start preparing for standardized tests. During sophomore year and sophomore summer, you should start preparing for standardized tests. You can register and take the ACT/SAT during this year as well. If not, you will definitely want to take it during your Junior year. Preparation can include taking the PSAT, going through SAT/ACT prep, and taking our ACT prep class your junior or senior year.
If you have any questions or need anything please come see Mrs. Luxhoj.